10 Winter Fun and Cool Things to Do in Vail Colorado
Are you planning a winter getaway? Winter is great for adventure and bring on the fun and excitement while others are busy indoors. If you want to enjoy a snowy ambiance, cancel your flight in Florida, and book a trip going to Vail, Colorado. Vail is considered as one of the top most destinations when it comes to winter thrill, both for locals and tourists. For your Winter Wonderland vacation, we will share with you the fun and cool things to do in Vail, Colorado.
1. Don’t miss the slopes. Every year, there are thousands of skiers making pilgrimages to the snow-covered peaks of Vail, Colorado with its 5,200 acres of developed ski slopes. Improve your skills in skiing and snowboarding by enrolling in Vail Ski and Snowboard School. You don’t need to bring you own ski equipment because there are rental shops available in Vail, and check Bridge Street Ski Haus for a complete guide.
2. Take a moment and relax with the hot springs. Sooth your tired muscles while enjoying the beauty of the falling snow even in the coldest winter nights through natural pools of hot springs to stay hot and relaxed.
3. Come and enjoy the CarniVail! It offers all the excitement and fun of Bourbon Street with a snowy twist
4. Get to witness the Burton US Open Snowboarding competitions and championships. A lot of professional snowboarders from all over the country come just to compete for the most celebrated and anticipated event in Vail, Colorado. The event will be held from March 5th through March 10th this year, including halfpipe and slopestyle competitions as well as free concerts every night, with thousands of visitors.
5. Enjoy the popular snowshoeing adventures. Come and experience the magic of snowshoeing, which is considered as one of the most popular things to do in Vail.
6. Try ice skating! Regardless if you want to be a graceful figure skater or simply glide along the ice, ice skating is a fun activity for all ages.
7. Experience the adrenaline-rushing and heart-pounding snowmobiling. No matter what your skill level is, you can find the best one for you with their hundred miles of snowmobile trails available.
8. Try a dog sledding tour in Vail. One of the most memorable and fun things to do in Vail is dog sledding, as you get to explore the snow-covered trails which are surrounded by the sound of the sled against the snow and the dogs’ feet.
9. Take a hot air balloon ride to see the unforgettable views from any angle. It is truly refreshing and fun!
10. Come and eat! Don’t miss the hearty and delicious food that the Rocky Mountains have to offer.